Tuesday 18 February 2014

Even in the stars... Tori Spelling

Tori Spelling Thought She Was Dying From Placenta Previa


Celebrities Arrive At The "Today" Show
Tori Spelling has opened up more about her ordeal with placenta previa – a condition in which the placenta covers all or part of the cervix. When she was 20 weeks pregnant with Finn – she experienced bleeding which led her to stay on four months bed rest until his birth.
Describing the night when she woke to find “massive” amounts of blood – she recalls to People, “I stumbled to the bathroom, dizzy from losing so much blood. When I got there, I thought, ‘This is it,’” there was so much blood I thought, ‘I’m dying. Not just [losing] the baby, but I’m dying.’”
She then asked 4-year-old Stella to get help from dad.
“I had to scream for Stella and I’ll never forget the look on her face when she saw me surrounded by blood everywhere. I didn’t want to panic her and I said, ‘Baby, will you go get Daddy? Just tell him I’m bleeding.’”
She continued, “Her eyes were as big as saucers and — this is going to make me cry — she looked like such a little toddler warrior. She said, ‘Okay, Mama’ and she ran. And two seconds later Dean came in and basically had to wrap me up to get me to the hospital.”
Spelling credits Dean with keeping their family intact. She told US Weekly, “Dean’s a super dad. He’s a mom and dad all wrapped up into oneand added, “He was dealing with so much, but he was always really positive. We had date nights every Tuesday . . . Dean would spend the night at the hospital on a cot next to me and we’d talk.”
While on bed rest at the hospital – she designed a new collection and planned Stella’s birthday party.
She explained, “It was hard because [blogging is] such a personal thing and I’m so open with everybody. I’m writing about Stella’s Fourth birthday, but no one knows that I’m in a hospital bed. I planned the whole thing, but I [was] on Face Time and not actually there. Those were things I couldn’t share, so it just felt like this big secret lie that I was keeping from everyone.”
Just two weeks after Finn was delivered on August 30 at 37 weeks – she was rushed to the hospital again after her c-section burst open.
“My intestines actually came out,” she said. “I was like, ‘Man, I’m being tested right now.’”
Now she’s just relaxing being a mother to Finn.
“It’s [been] almost six weeks and he’s smiling and grasping,” she reveals. “I just look at [Finn] and I’m like, ‘I hope you don’t ever want to go to camp or college because I’m not letting you go! Or you’re going to take me with you.’ I don’t want to be apart from him.”



Tori Spelling Dishes About Her Bed Rest Nightmare
Two months of bed rest may sound like a lovely spa vacation—unless it’s in a hospital, under doctor’s orders, and you’re having scary pregnancy complications. In that case, it can be total hell, according to Tori Spelling, whose new book Spelling It Like It Is describes her 50+ days of hospital bed rest when she was pregnant with her fourth child, Finn.
She told E! News, “I was flat on my back. I wasn’t allowed to even get up to walk in the halls. My bathroom privileges would be taken away. I wasn’t allowed to shower. Everything was stripped from you.”
And keep in mind she was in a hospital room that she describes as tiny, where she was only able to see daylight a little bit each day. Sounds more like a prison cell, right? So does Tori’s feelings of freedom when she finally got to leave the hospital. “I was like, ‘I appreciate the sunlight. I appreciate the warmth on my skin,’” she said.
Tori’s “lock up” was thanks to being diagnosed with a serious condition called placenta previa, which is when the placenta grows over the cervix, and often blocks the baby’s exit from the uterus during delivery. Placenta previa occurs in one in 200 pregnancies and can result in heavy bleeding, a danger for mom and baby. It can happen to anyone, but occurs most often in women who are pregnant with multiples or for the second or third time, who smoke or use drugs, who are older than 35, or who have had a C-section (At the time, Tori was over 35, on her fourth pregnancy, and had already undergone three Cesarean sections). Tori also became pregnant with Finn just one month after giving birth to daughter Hattie, which could have complicated things further.
Though Tori’s pregnancy with Finn was a struggle (to say the least!), there was a happy ending—he was delivered at 37 weeks and is a completely healthy  14 month old!

No comments:

Post a Comment