Tuesday 28 January 2014

6 week check up after hysterectomy

Friday 24th January 2014 was my 6 week check up after my nightmare or loosing my son. Just over 6 weeks ago I was still pregnant. 6 weeks later, trying to understand the loss of my son and my uterus. 

Anyway, my doctor at Flora clinic reiterated how my complete placenta previa was one of the worst if not the worst case he has seen in his long career. Now as much as it reminds me of Greys Anatomy and how doctors use new cases to experiment and gain experience in the condition of that patient, my doctor should have sent me to a high risk doctor. This is my life, not a series on TV.  Someone who specializes in problem pregnancies. He should have even had a professor see me. Not me struggling from 5 weeks to 20 weeks to look for a professor myself. 

Another thing he mentioned after the fact was that he has another patient with previa. He said she is definitely not as bad as me and not complete previa. But he said she is 34 weeks and he put in a stitch. I wanted to scream at him "why didn't you put a stitch in for me!!! Maybe I would have lasted to 34 weeks too!" But I didn't. I didn't want to break down in front of him. I didn't have the strength. So I guess in my loss, my doctor is more aware of the case and maybe my case has saved this woman and her baby. 

So my advice, ask you doctor about the stitch. Early enough. As soon as you are diagnosed with placenta previa. 


No comments:

Post a Comment